- Gainedskills in Financial Management, Strategic Business Management, International HumanResources Management, Sustainable Development, Business Leadership andpractical experience in Food Service Operations.
- Attendeda 2-day seminar on Branding, Luxury Products and Service Management.
- Conducted research study on ‘Kenya’s Destination Image from the Perspective of Domestic Tourists andIts Impact On Revisit Intention and Destination Loyalty’.
- Gainedskills in Work-based Consultancy, Business Leadership, Sustainable ManagementSystems and Operations Management
- ConductedResearch Study on ‘Impact of Service Quality on Customer Satisfaction’.
- Gained skills in Housekeeping Management and Operations, Banquets & Event Management, Food & Beverage Service and Production theory and practice, Cost Control, Food and Beverage Management, Wine & Bar, Front Office & Rooms Division.
- Gained skills in using IT solutions to meet organizational strategies and gain competitive advantage in different industries.
Responsibilities included;Creating an inviting atmosphere for all guests.▪ Ensuring that guests are seated and provided with menus promptly.▪ Responding to guest inquires promptly.▪ Safe and efficient delivery of all food and beverage orders to meet guest requirements.▪ Setting up, clearing and promptly servicing tables after use.▪ Carrying out all cash procedures as per the laid-out procedures.▪ Preparing all back of house service points before beginning of service.▪ Dealing with guest complaints to ensure guest satisfaction.
Duties entailed;▪ Handling All Reservations and Bookings for the hotels Meetings/Events/Exhibitions and Conferences▪ Handling Banquets and Conferences Reservations Diary, in managing Inventory and availability for higher efficiency, productivity and revenue yield.▪ Generating all reports including banquets/conferences reservations, sales productions, forecast/projections, cancellations/turn-away and conversion reports.▪ Generating contracts, proposals and pro-forma invoices for partial or full pre-payment.▪ Coordinating and consolidating all requests with the sales team and other departments and Associates in liaison with the Banquets Sales Account Executive.
Supporting the Sales Executives and Account Managers by coordinatingsales-related activities in meeting sales targets by;• Responding quickly and efficiently to all incoming sales enquiries.• Conducting site inspections• Maintaining a positive working relationship with vendors, colleagues and all guests.• Carrying out administrative duties including sending out contracts, reports and plans.
Duties entailed;▪ Working closely with the banqueting team in the execution and delivery of all events, maximizing revenue, utilization of meeting space and working to achieve or exceed the defined budgeted revenues for banquet department. ▪ Preparation of banquet event orders and responsible to ensure they are issued and distributed in a timely fashion. ▪ Participating in daily business review meeting, sales meetings and management meetings and working with the credit team to ensure payment by guests is done once the meeting/event concludes.